Maps of expansion of “Steppe ancestry” with (Pre-)Yamnaya/Bell Beaker and Corded Ware, from the collection of Maps of prehistoric migrations.
For context and reference, please read the book on Indo-European and Uralic migrations.
Here is the updated list of posts on the subject of tracking and mapping Steppe ancestry through the ages:
5. Spread of Indo-European and Uralic speakers in ADMIXTURE, 23 December 2019.
4. North-West Indo-Europeans of Iberian Beaker descent and haplogroup R1b-P312, 18 August 2019.
3. Yamnaya ancestry: mapping the Proto-Indo-European expansions, 5 August 2019.
2. Corded Ware ancestry in North Eurasia and the Uralic expansion, 27 July 2019.
1. Vikings, Vikings, Vikings! “eastern” ancestry in the whole Baltic Iron Age, 20 July 2019.
Steppe Ancestry Maps
Click on each file to open or download the full version.
Current version: 1 (March 2019)
Image based on published maps on steppe ancestry expansion and data published, e.g. steppe components in Olalde et al. (2018) Supplementary materials.
So for example: