- This topic has 4 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 2 months, 1 week ago by Carlos Quiles.
- March 4, 2020 at 10:20 am #27628Carlos QuilesKeymaster
Announcements of changes to the maps of cultures, peoples, and languages forming part of the Prehistory Atlas:
This thread also includes related files:
- This topic was modified 8 months, 3 weeks ago by Carlos Quiles.
- March 12, 2020 at 9:07 pm #27940Carlos QuilesKeymaster
I have updated the Late Trypillian groups in the Early Chalcolithic map, using Diachenko & Harper (2016) and (not so much) Videiko (2011). I hope future papers on population genomics give a more precise chronology:
Proposed synchronizations and durations of local groups of the Late Tripolye culture. Colors indicate typo-chronological assignment: yellow – Tripolye BII; light green – Tripolye CI; dark green – Tripolye CI-II; blue – Tripolye CII. From Diachenko & Harper (2016).
The general distribution of Late Tripolye local groups and relevant sites with 14C dating. From Diachenko & Harper (2016).
- March 12, 2020 at 9:10 pm #27941
- June 10, 2020 at 12:46 pm #30281
- September 15, 2020 at 10:52 am #31685Carlos QuilesKeymaster
Updated the whole Prehistory Atlas to fit all files with the same size, as a user suggested some months ago.
This way, a (roughly) three-part distinction can be made between (1) Late Trypillia vs. Early Yamnaya, (2) Corded Ware vs. Yamnaya settlers, and (3) Late/Epi-Corded Ware vs. Bell Beaker expansion.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.